Healthy buns good for hamburgers! Handy size when dividing them into 12 but you can make them the size you would like.
250g(1 3/4cup) All Purpose flour
30g Wheat germ(roasted)
1 TBSP Sugar
1 TSP Salt
150ml(1/2cup) Water(room temperature)
3TBSP Milk (room temperature)
20g Butter(non salt)
1 egg yolk + 1TBSP water for glaze
- Set in a large bowl sugar and yeast on top of flour and salt aside. Pour mix of water and milk around and combine with rubber spatula. Add butter and knead with hands for 5 minutes.
- Fold the dough in a ball and cover with wet towel, leave in a warm place for an hour until it gets doubled.
- Push the dough lightly to release gas, fold it in a ball again and put on the floured flat surface and leave for 10 minutes covering with a wet towel.
- Cut the dough in 12 and fold them in a round shape, leave at the room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C(400F). Put glaze with brush over and bake for 14 minutes.
I put some sesame on them.
Today my daughter Risa took them sliced and put jam inside for lunch for her school. Wheat germs contain VitaminE and dietary fibers and they are very good for health. I hope you enjoy them too!