Good local Chinese dumplings baked at the bottom and fluffy at top.
<Ingredients(24 x 5cm(2 inch) dumplings)
400g(2 3/4 cup) All purpose flour
40g(1 1/2 TBSP) Sugar
4g(1 TSP) Salt
10g(2 TSP) Vegetable oil
10g(1 TBSP) Baking powder
6g(1 1/2 TSP) Yeast
220ml(1 cup) Water
200g Pork ground meat
Thumb size Ginger
1 TBSP Oyster sauce
1/2 TBSP Soy sauce
1 TBSP Cooking wine
Salt & pepper
1 TSP Chicken stock powder
1. Put all the ingredients for dough except water in a large bowl. Pour water on the ingredients and mix with rubber spatula until the dough gets moisturized. Knead for 5 minutes until the surface becomes smooth.
2. Cover the dough with wet towel and place in the warm place for about an hour until the dough becomes double size.
3. Chop onion, leek, ginger and mushrooms and mix with pork meat and seasonings.
4. Divie the dough in 24 and fold in a round shape. Keep them under wet towels while spreading each dough. First press the dough with palm lightly.
5. Spread from the center to the edge, turn the dough 90 degrees, repeat the process until it becomes 10cm(4 inch) diameter round flat shape. The edge should be very thin as later you will fold at the edge.
8. Pour water up to 1cm(1/2 inch) from bottom when the bottom becomes brown, cover with a lid and cook until the water evaporates.
9. Dip some soy sauce+vinegar or mustard.